Monday, 26 May 2014
Youth Forum 2014 Wrap Up
At the SJASD Youth Forum wrap-up on social justice and eco issues, we listened to student representatives share about projects their schools supported. We participated in an interactive activity showing statistics from the book, "If the World Were a Village." Our schools are making a difference in the environment, our communities and families locally and globally. Collectively, we raised over $100,000!
Stevenson was involved in many projects throughout the year including being #1 school in our division for recycling and composting, Walking School Bus, Dream Factory, Phillipine Typhoon Relief, Winnipeg Harvest, Walking School Bus, We are Silent, Heart & Stroke Foundation, and Terry Fox Run.
Here is a question we were asked: What is one cause/project your school /class supported that impacted you the most this year? How did it impact you?
This is what Stevenson had to say:
"I was impacted by seeing how many students care about my back pack project and all the donations I got from our school alone."
"For me, it was Callie's backpacks for the homeless project. It's a good thing that she's making a change in the world. She doing a really great job and she's excited to see the looks on their faces!"
"I was impacted by We Are Silent day. I got to see how hard it is to not have a voice."
"For me, it was the We Are Silent day. I felt how hard it is to be like the girls who don't get to talk and are ignored."
"As a staff member, I really enjoyed the Heart & Stroke Foundation campaign we supported. I was blown away by the school's fundraising over $9000. Healthy active lifestyle is important and I loved learning new dances. It was a lot of fun."
What about you? We'd love to hear your responses and ideas you have for future projects. Together we make a difference. Congratulations Stevenson on a great year of awareness, projects and fundraising for important causes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment